Aluminum Siding Pressure Washing
Your Local Aluminum Siding Pressure Washing Company
Aluminum Siding Pressure Washing
Aluminum siding was one of the best materials for home siding between the 1950s and 1970s, known for its low maintenance, reliable strength, and appearance.
Many homes in and around Philadelphia still bear their original aluminum siding from decades ago. While this siding is likely as functional as ever, the dirt and grime collected over the years can make it look dated and dingy.
Aluminum siding is also still used today on a number of different types of buildings – not only residential and commercial properties, but also garages and sheds, and while aluminum itself is a long lasting material, it has a tendency to experience buildup fast.
Aluminum siding also responds well to pressure washing. Waterproof and durable, pressure washing (when performed correctly) easily washes away stubborn dirt and stains using pressurized water that is able to get into the crevices on siding where dirt sticks.
At Judge Mobile Wash, we provide aluminum siding pressure washing that is fast, affordable, and eco-friendly. We are different from any other pressure washing company in Philadelphia, West Chester, Upper Darby, and other nearby cities. We use advanced technology and equipment alongside service provided by an experienced team to wash and restore aluminum siding on local properties.
Our pressure washing is not a one-size-fits-all service, but rather one we can adapt to your residential and commercial aluminum siding needs, with solutions for various size properties and budgets.
To learn more about how pressure washing can transform the appearance of aluminum siding on your property, call our team at (610) 692-9274.
Our Advanced Approach to Pressure Washing
At Judge Mobile Wash we consider ourselves experts in cleaning. We are constantly learning and training on the most efficient ways to pressure wash. We also make sure we bring the best machinery to the job. We have invested in the latest pressure washing equipment, giving us the ability to provide:
- Low Pressure Washing – Low pressure provides a gentle clean that will not damage delicate materials. This is especially useful for homes with lighter weight aluminum siding that can be more susceptible to bending or painted surfaces that need to be kept intact.
- High Pressure Washing – Our industrial equipment can reach some of the highest pressures possible with pressure washing equipment for deeply ingrained dirt or extremely durable surfaces.
- Eco-Friendly Detergents – Water alone is a powerful cleaner, but our detergents can help separate dirt from a surface, remove oils, and lighten stains. By avoiding harsh cleaners and adhering to environmental standards, our cleaning is the “green” way to refresh your home.
Our equipment also has an option for hot water. This works by rapidly heating the water prior to application. The hot water breaks down grease more quickly than cool water, making it another component of our eco-friendly pressure washing. We are able to accomplish the same level of clean with less water than retail pressure washing devices. Hot water can also serve as a disinfectant to help kill bacteria, mold, and other organisms that may grow on aluminum siding.
Buildup and Debris that Impacts Homes with Aluminum Siding
Aluminum siding is made from chemically coated metal that is then painted and baked, creating a highly durable surface that is resistant to many types of deterioration. It can also have enamel incorporated to produce textures, such as those that mimic natural wood grain siding.
In the height of its popularity, aluminum siding was prized for being resistant to rust. This does not mean it does not deteriorate, however. Over time, aluminum siding builds up a chalky residue. This is caused by oxidation, or the paint on the aluminum surface breaking down as it is exposed to weather. Since the process is gradual, you might not notice that your siding has taken on a white cast until you touch the surface and notice a fine white powder on your fingertips.
The texturing provided by enamel on aluminum siding also creates little crevices that can trap dirt and oils. While a quick DIY cleaning with a garden hose can be enough to remove surface level dirt, it won’t reach the embedded dust, sticky substances, and staining that make your painted aluminum siding look faded. Some of the debris that can collect includes:
- Mildew and Mold – Although less common on aluminum siding than wood, mold is still a possibility. Rain or humidity and organic matter in the air can be enough to sustain mold on a metal surface.
- Algae – Algae is another growth that will stain properties green or black when it takes root on the shady areas of aluminum siding.
- Dust and Grime – Simple dust in the air that is carried along by wind will build up over time, giving the surface a distinctly dirty appearance.
- Soot – Soot from pollution, cars, and fireplaces consists of microscopic particles that are easily trapped in any cracks or holes in your siding. If enough soot builds up, the surface will look distinctly grey.
- Hard Water Staining – When water evaporates from the surface of your home after rain, it can leave behind the minerals in the water in the form of whitish stains on the metal surface.
- Plants, Pollen, and Leaves – Organic debris that becomes trapped on siding looks unattractive and can result in staining as it decays.
- Bird or Bat Droppings – These droppings contain an acid that will disintegrate your paint, leaving visible spots that can only be fixed by repainting.
- Rust – Although the aluminum itself will not rust, it can still be stained if an adjacent metal item rusts.
- Paint – While our pressure washing often works to restore existing paint, we can also remove a layer of aged paint.
In addition to oxidation, aluminum siding can corrode and the paint can deteriorate in the same way as paint on any surface. Prolonged contact with chemicals or acids is what often causes this deterioration, even if it is not evident at first that a substance has come into contact with siding.
Using care when applying any chemical fertilizers, sealants, pest control, or other products around your home is helpful in preventing chemical exposure, but it may not always be enough. Pressure washing can remove the debris that is not apparent but can still be causing damage.
Aluminum Siding Pressure Washing
A high attention to detail coupled with a customer-centric approach has allowed Judge Mobile Wash to be the most sought after, pressure washer in the tri-state area
Why Pressure Wash Aluminum Siding?
Like all exterior surfaces, aluminum siding will need cleaned at different points throughout its lifetime. The average siding will last for approximately 35 years, during which time, a variety of dirt can accumulate. More than a few years of grime is noticeable on aluminum siding and will be detrimental to your home’s curb appeal and overall property value.
A well maintained surface, even if it is durable aluminum, will also naturally last longer. With frequent cleanings, aluminum siding can remain functional and attractive for many years beyond the planned for 35 years, letting you avoid a costly siding replacement.
Regular cleaning with pressure washing will:
- Restore the Appearance – When new, aluminum siding can look good wherever it is installed. But time will slowly dull the paint colors as the chalky residue, bits of dust, and maybe some mold or algae discolors the siding. Instead of repainting or replacing siding, pressure washing can often restore it to its near original condition.
- Remove Corrosive Debris – Many substances that corrode aluminum often start working as soon as they touch the surface, but the deterioration can be slow. Cleaning aluminum siding every so often ensures that corrosive materials do not sit on the siding long enough to cause visible damage.
- Prepare for Painting – Debris, flaking paint, and chalking will prevent a new paint job from going on smoothly and adhering to the surface of aluminum siding. Before painting, we remove the oxidation and existing paint to create a smooth, clean surface to paint on.
Pressure washing is also the more efficient, affordable, and safe way to clean aluminum siding on your property. With power washing, the water and detergents do the work, enabling us to move quickly over a surface, reaching into tight corners, and completing the work in hours instead of days. This rapid timeline means your home will be restored faster and labor costs are limited.
Pressure washing is also a much safer option when compared to DIY washing:
- Our team can easily reach siding that spans multiple stories so you don’t have to be up on ladders or scaffolding.
- Our detergents and methods are non-toxic and eco-friendly, making them safe for your family and the environment.
- Our gentle, soft washing strategies are safe for your home and won’t cause any damage to siding.
Not all pressure washing will have these same advantages. Pressure that is too intense can etch or dent aluminum siding. Weak pressure can leave dirt behind. Getting the right pressure requires equipment with options, accessories to direct water, and a precise technique.
At Judge Mobile Wash, we have worked with many homes clad in aluminum siding and all of the different local pollutants and bacteria that impacts it, and we know how to customize our work for your home.
Full Service Pressure Washing for Properties in West Chester and Philadelphia
While pressure washing aluminum siding on homes generally uses the same cleaning process depending on whether we are simply removing buildup or preparing to repaint, we still approach each project individually.
Aluminum is a durable material, both waterproof and rust proof. Since it is a softer metal, it is susceptible to denting and scratches. This is why our professional pressure washing with our experienced team is the safest way to clean your siding. We can set the pressure levels on our equipment to the right pressure to remove dirt without harming the siding below.
We also take steps to protect the surfaces that will not be pressure washed, such as windows, doors, and landscaping. This prevents excess water from getting into areas that cannot support large amounts of water and keeps more sensitive surfaces safe from the pressure required to clean aluminum siding.
Although it has been a popular siding option with homes and multi-family residential properties for many years, aluminum siding is seeing more use in commercial buildings now as well where modern designs make it possible to have unique looks with little maintenance.
We use truck mounted equipment that not only enables us to come to any property in the greater Philadelphia area, including parts of Delaware and New Jersey. We are also happy to take on projects both large and small to make sure you always have the help you need.
In addition to aluminum siding, Judge Mobile Wash can pressure wash all types of metal cladding, including aluminum metal panels that are frequently used on commercial and industrial properties such as warehouses, storage facilities, and factories or residential buildings like barns and sheds. We adjust our techniques and technology to clean these surfaces quickly and effectively.
Low maintenance aluminum siding needs little more than regular cleaning and the occasional repainting so that it looks its best for 30 years or more. If you are preparing to repaint or many years of buildup currently has your siding looking dull, a one time pressure washing will provide fast and thorough restoration.
We also offer the option for ongoing pressure washing service contracts. They’re popular with residential property owners that want ongoing pressure washing for their entire home. They are also used by apartment complexes, commercial properties, and industrial areas where high levels of pollution or chemicals may be present.
Regularly scheduled cleanings help remove corrosive materials to protect the property value and maintain a professional appearance. Scheduling annual, bi-annual, or quarterly pressure washing treatments also takes the hassle out of cleaning and extends the lifespan of the material.
Why Choose Judge Mobile Wash to Clean Aluminum Siding?
Judge Mobile Wash is the area’s leading provider of pressure washing services, and has been since our founding in the 1970s. We are a team of professionals that is committed to providing the highest quality services at the best prices.
Our services for aluminum siding pressure washing are backed by our guarantee that you will be satisfied with the work we do. In addition, we also provide:
- Licensed, Bonded, and Insured Services – Our company is backed by all the necessary licensure and we are fully insured. We also adhere to all environmental regulations concerning power washing so that we are always providing safe and thorough services.
- State of the Art Equipment – Our equipment is industrial grade and incorporates the latest pressure washing technology. But simply having the right equipment doesn’t always mean the perfect job. It is also about knowing how to use the equipment. That is why we extensively train every single technician until they are ready to provide the best possible service.
- Professional Experience – Siding is one of the most important aesthetic and structural elements of a property, and you should only trust its care to those who are experienced in this type of maintenance. When it comes to pressure washing, we use over five decades of service to guide us, helping us guarantee that your property will get the care it needs.
We also show the utmost respect for your home, treating it like it is our own property. We take pride in our work, and want you to know that we’ll go out of our way to make sure your siding – and all the parts of your property we pressure wash – are getting the best possible treatment.
Schedule Pressure Washing for Aluminum Siding with Judge Mobile Wash
Pressure washing aluminum siding is one of the fastest ways to bring a home up to date, brighten up paint, and remove debris. At Judge Mobile Wash, we can devise a plan for power washing that is restorative and able to bring your property back to its original appearance.
With our array of options, we are also the company you can depend on for all outdoor cleaning needs. Siding is an easily visible part of your home, but not the only one that affects your property’s appearance and value. Our exterior pressure washing services can complete a full restoration of any of the surfaces on your property, including roofing, driveways, and more.
Learn more about our aluminum pressure washing, get a quote for the cost of cleaning your property, and schedule a time for our mobile team to come to you. Call us at (610) 692-9274 or submit a quote request through our online form.
Aluminum Siding Pressure Washing FAQ's
One of the reasons that Judge Mobile Wash has developed such a strong reputation in the area is that we have invested in the latest in professional pressure washing equipment. While many contractors use tools from Home Depot or other retail stores, we have more advanced technology that provides high pressure washing, soft washing, hot water washing, and is capable of sanitation and disinfecting.
That means that we can treat essentially any hard surface, including those traditionally more difficult or more sensitive to pressure washing. The list includes (but is of course not limited to):
Of course, that's not all. We can also support Marble, Aluminum, Wood, Stone, Slate, GFRC, and much more. It's what allows us to treat indoors and outdoors, as well as essentially any hard surface
We're a mobile pressure washing service for a reason, and we have technicians spread out to provide better service coverage throughout the region. You'll want to call us to see if we're near you, but as long as you're within about 50 miles of our base in West Chester, we can often come to your property and provide the support you need.
We clean almost any hard surface (and even a few soft surfaces). It's why we are used in both commercial and residential applications. For businesses, we even clean vehicles, provide trauma cleanup support, wash down machinery, and so much more.
Our residential services are similarly broad, allowing us to power wash almost any part of your home that needs cleaning. Some examples include:
We've even washed down fire pits, sheds, larger outdoor barbecue sets, and countless other items. We also welcome your questions, so if you would like to learn any more about home pressure washing please call us at any time. Even though we are well known for our work with large commercial properties, we're also happy to assist homeowners with small cleaning projects as well.
In terms of large, solid items, there are very few that things we cannot clean. Because we can clean everything from dirt to mold to algae to gum (as well as grease, oil, weather stains, and even layered paint), the only items we may be hesitant to clean are those in the interior of a small property that cannot get wet, and anything that is sensitive to water damage.
Only a few local companies, including Judge Mobile Wash, are able to provide hot water pressure washing. It's one of our most exciting offerings, as we have an entire setup that is capable of heating water and using it to spray down your property.
Hot water is, simply, better. Though not every material can or should be sprayed with hot water, it is more powerful against issues like grime, automotive fluids, and sticky chemicals. The hot water helps to weaken the contaminants, breaking them down so that they can more easily wash away in a way that cold water simply cannot provide.
Hot water also has disinfecting ability, which makes it useful for places like hospitals or any place that could have coronavirus/COVID-19. During freezing cold winters, a hot water, high pressure wash can also be used to eliminate ice buildup that may be hurting your property.
Hot water washing is one of several advantages to the types of technology we use. Don’t forget to also ask us about our high pressure and soft water washing - the former of which provides a more powerful output than most retail devices, while the latter allows us to wash more sensitive items with similar efficacy.
Our business, including everyone that works for us, is licensed, bonded, and insured. We also follow every single law and industry standard to the letter. You are in the best possible hands when you choose to work with Judge Mobile Wash.
SERVING YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD
Our professional power and pressure washing operators are dedicated to taking care of your residential and commercial needs in the greater tri state area, including Pennsylvania, Delaware, New Jersey.
We serve Chester County area and the surrounding counties including the cities of: Philadelphia, West Chester, Phoenixville, Downingtown, Kennett Square, Paoli, Oxford, Exton, Chesterbrook, Berwyn, Spring City, Malvern .
In addition we provide pressure and power washing services in Delaware County including the towns and cities of: Haverford, Radnor, Drexel Hill, Springfield, Ardmore (partially in Montgomery County), Broomall, Lansdowne, Brookhaven, Ridley Park, Swarthmore, Media, Lima, Morton, Chester Heights, Wayne, Upper Darby, Newton Square, and Rose Valley
We also serve Montgomery County, Pennsylvania including the towns and cities of: Pottstown, King of Prussia, Lansdale, Willow Grove, Horsham, Montgomeryville, Harleysville, Audubon, Sanatoga, Conshohocken, Hatboro, Souderton, Ambler, Plymouth Meeting, Blue Bell, Trooper, Penn Wynne, Wyndmoor, Fort Washington, Collegeville, Telford (partially in Bucks County), Eagleville, Royersford, Bridgeport, Narberth, Gladwyne, Bryn Mawr, Skippack, Trappe, Pottsgrove, Hatfield, North Wales, Wyncote, Evansburg, West Conshohocken, and Green Lane.
In Buck’s County, we serve Doylestown, Warrington, Chalfont, Southampton, Yardley, New Hope, and Langhorne. We also provide services to cities in New Jersey, such as Jackson. If you don’t see your location please contact us as we service many more areas in Philadelphia.