Deck Pressure Washing
Your Local Deck Pressure Washing Company
Deck Pressure Washing Services
A beautiful, well-maintained deck is a wonderful way to take advantage of outdoor living space. When the weather is nice in Philadelphia, West Chester, and the surrounding areas, your deck offers space for sitting, entertaining, cooking, eating, playing, and more.
Yet the time you spend hanging out on your deck – along the natural wear from weather and the elements – can quickly leave decks looking dingy. It is not uncommon for decks in West Chester to look 20 years old when they were only recently installed.
This aging is caused by the different types of debris and buildup on wood, composite, PVC, and all other forms of decking, and the longer it stays on the property the worse the appearance may be.
Pressure washing is the best method for removing grime, stains, oils, and mildew from decks. When done by a professional, pressure washing gets deep into the cracks and crevices in the deck boards to lift out any dirt trapped there without harming the surrounding material.
Judge Mobile Wash is a deck pressure washing company in West Chester, serving Philadelphia and the rest of our region of the Tri-State area. We perform our services with the leading, most advanced equipment and use methods that are gentle and effective, proven over decades of experience pressure washing decks throughout the region.
Whether you want your deck or porch to look brand new or need a thorough cleaning before you paint or stain, Judge Mobile Wash can power wash your deck to remove any embedded dirt.
Our rates are affordable with options for homes and commercial properties and decks both large and small.
All of our pressure washing services are individualized to your needs, so we always start by learning more about your deck and applying our local knowledge to make personalized recommendations for you.
Contact us at (610) 692-9274 or send us an email through the online form and we’ll get you started with a free estimate.
Types of Buildup on Decks
Decks of all materials – wood or manmade – will age naturally over time. Sun, rain, and snow will degrade sealants and finishes, leaving the decking beneath susceptible to dirt and bacteria. Wood decking specifically is a natural material that has pores and cracks. As the wood ages, these crevices become more pronounced.
While pores are a natural characteristic of wood and other decking materials, they are also susceptible to collecting dirt when it settles and compacts there. This dirt is beneath the surface, so a garden hose and even scrub brushes are not always able to reach it. Instead, it stains the porch from its bright, natural color to look dull and weathered.
The pores in wood also leads to ready absorption of water, creating a damp environment where growing organisms thrive. This leads to not only external elements that ruin your deck’s appearance, but also internal grime.
Eventually decks end up experiencing the buildup of many elements, including:
- Dirt – From mud brought on by shoes to dust washed in through rain and wind, your deck will get dirty, and that dirt will not easily wash away during future rains. It will get deep into the pores of the wood, and eventually cause all different types of discoloration.
- Oils and Grease – If you have a grill on your deck, it is possible that some grease or oils can end up on the wood. Decks also come into contact with natural oils through other means. Oils cause dust to stick, exacerbating any problems with dirt. Since oil and water do not mix, they cannot be simply washed away by rain or a low pressure garden hose. Oils and mold can also become slippery, posing a hazard to people walking on your porch.
- Mildew – When water penetrates the surface of the wood, the moisture provides a breeding ground for mold and mildew, especially in the summer when weather is warmer. This mildew often shows up as a black staining on decks, and both wood and composite are prone to mold growth.
- Algae and Moss – The same moisture that leads to mildew can also cause algae to grow. This leaves your deck with green staining. In addition to looking unattractive, the algae can be slick when it gets wet.
- Leaves, Flowers, Fruit, and Pollen – Organic materials like leaves, plants, bark, and more, release tannins as they decompose which will stain the materials they lay on. Other pigmented plants, tree fruit, and pollens can leave behind stains that give your deck an uneven coloring.
- Staining from Furniture – Tables, chairs, rugs, and pots often collect water beneath them and slow the drying process. This excess water can lead to staining as minerals in the water and growing algae discolor decking.
- Paint – Paint on decks will fade over time, leaving splotches behind. House painting or outdoor projects may leave you with some paint spots as well that can be nearly impossible to remove after they sink into the wood.
Besides looking unsightly on your deck, various types of buildup can shorten the lifespan of the wood boards. Mildews and bacteria can grow within the wood, leading to rot. This will weaken the individual boards and require you to replace a deck far sooner than a well maintained deck.
Many decking manufacturers across materials recommend regular cleanings to keep your deck in the best possible condition.
For those who want to incorporate pressure washing into their regular maintenance routine, we offer ongoing contracts on semi-annual and annual bases to keep your deck attractive and maintained all throughout the year.
How We Clean Decks with Pressure Washing
Much of the dirt in decks is deeply embedded in the wood or composite material. Oils act as a binder that holds debris in place.
We use pressure washing to force water into the pores of a deck. The force is enough to reach dirt deep down and to break it up so it can be flushed out.
Water is the main ingredient in pressure washing, and we will often add in soft detergents as well to assist in lifting stains and dissolving caked in dirt.
As wood remains one of the most common decking materials in the Philadelphia area and also one that easily collects dirt, we often pressure wash wooden decks. Our equipment has the flexibility to adjust for any type of wood, including redwood, cedar, tropical hardwoods, and others.
We can pressure wash other types of decks as well, such as:
- Composite Decks
- Plastic (PVC) Decks
- Aluminum Decks
We can clean the deck boards, steps, railings, and posts for an overall improvement in appearance that leaves no remaining dirt or mildew behind.
Our options for pressure washing are completely adaptable, designed around the material of your deck, its size, type of buildup on your deck, and more. We provide a customized solution. This is done with our specialized equipment and various methods that enables us to provide:
- High and Low Pressure Options – Unlike consumer focused pressure washers, ours are able to be set to a range of pressures. This makes it possible to clean delicate wood on one of the lowest pressures possible. If high pressure is needed for other surfaces or decks of different materials, we can also move pressure the other direction with extremely high pressure.
- Varying Nozzles – The shape of a nozzle also helps vary the power during pressure washing. Our variety means we have options for all types of decking materials from the sensitive to the more durable.
- Gentle Technique – Cleaning a deck without damaging the wood requires using the right technique. We move quickly and never get too close with the sprayer, a technique guided by years of experience, so that we are not risking the decking but still have the needed power to get to dirt.
- Detergents Formulated for Wood and Deck Materials – Our detergents are powerful but eco-friendly and are designed to be safe for use on wood, as well as decks of other materials. They will not harm or stain the wood. They are also safe for the environment, including nearby landscaping around your deck.
- Heated Water Washing – We have the ability to rapidly heat water as we spray for additional cleaning power. The hot water helps to remove stains, break down oils, and kill bacteria and mold spores.
Pressure washing on a wooden deck or composite deck is not something that should be attempted as a DIY project or even by a pressure washing company that does not have extensive experience with decking.
Wood is a delicate material. When done improperly, power washing can strip off the top layer of wood. It can exacerbate problems with splitting or splintering that already exist.
We make sure that our pressure washing is safe for the most sensitive woods and PVC decking. It is just powerful enough to remove dirt without any etching or stripping of the decking.
Our techniques have been refined over decades of experience. We have worked with decks of every material, and adjust our equipment settings, detergents, and methods to the type of decking you have at your home.
Deck Pressure Washing
A high attention to detail coupled with a customer-centric approach has allowed Judge Mobile Wash to be the most sought after, pressure washer in the tri-state area
Advantages of Pressure Washing for Decks
Appearance is a primary reason behind washing a deck regularly for many homeowners. When decks look clean, your deck is a pleasant place to spend time and makes your home and yard as a whole look neater.
A clean deck improves your home’s value and your comfort, and is a great choice for those selling a property (and their real estate agents) as well.
Pressure washing is the fastest and most effective way to remove buildup and improve the visual appeal of a deck. In many cases, we can completely restore the deck so that it looks similar to when it was originally installed.
In decks where dirt is especially ingrained, pressure washing may be the only way to release the dust and bacteria.
It does not involve hard scrubbing or harsh chemicals, both of which have the potential to be abrasive to the underlying wood. They also take immense time and effort. With pressure washing, we can clean expediently and you have no need to scrub your deck by hand.
Because we are not using those strong chemicals and instead only mild (but powerful), eco-friendly detergents, pressure washing is safer than many other cleaning options. It will not harm the deck, surrounding landscaping, people and pets that spend time on the deck afterwards, or the environment.
The efficiency, ease, and “green” characteristics of pressure washing make it an excellent choice to:
- Extend the Life of the Deck – All decking will age, and wood will naturally turn grey over time. But properly maintained decks can often last 20 years or longer. We wash off the mildew and mold that causes rot and debris that deteriorates wood or composites. This enables the deck to last for longer without boards splintering, cracking, or becoming unsafely weak.
- Remove Unhealthy Debris – If your deck is somewhere you and your family frequently spends time, you will want to keep it free of potentially unhealthy mold and mildew. This is one of the forms of buildup pressure washing targets, with a removal method that is safe to use around your home.
- Prepare Deck for Painting or Staining – Before you can stain or paint a wood deck, it needs to be cleaned of any debris. We pressure wash for a superior clean before so that stain or paint can be applied evenly for lasting protection. Pressure washing can also assist in removing old paint before the fresh coat.
Whether you put in your deck or are maintaining an existing deck, it is important to keep it in the best possible condition. Repairs on decks or replacement of decks that have deteriorated too quickly are costly and unnecessary expenses. It is for this reason that the majority of decking manufacturers and installers recommend regular cleanings.
Our experience with cleaning decks makes it possible for us to recommend the appropriate cleaning timeline for your particular deck if you are not already on a schedule. From there, we can be your partner in keeping your deck clean and functional.
Why Choose Judge Mobile Wash?
Decks are one of the areas of the home that people most often want to pressure wash, but also the surface that requires the most care. As a natural material, wood is soft enough to be easily damaged if under too much pressure. Even PVC decking and composite decking is not impervious to scratching or etching.
This is why our local clients in West Chester and Philadelphia rely on Judge Mobile Wash for one time deck cleaning and ongoing services. We do not simply have pressure washing equipment. Rather, we have the industry leading equipment and the skills to use it properly for every type of property.
We consistently clean and protect decks so that they look pristine and last.
Our team is:
We are a family owned business that is able to schedule you in fast for a deck cleaning, anywhere within an hour of West Chester and Philadelphia including parts of New Jersey and Delaware.
We also provide commercial deck pressure washing as well to clean deck space at your apartment or condo complex, restaurant, store, office building, municipal property, and more. Our powerful equipment is able to handle the largest projects. Decks ranging from large to small can have their appearance restored completely in only a short time.
As a full service pressure washing company, decks are only one of the spaces we can clean.
We have solutions for wooden fences, driveways and walkways, siding, roofs, chimneys, and more. Like decks, all these areas around your property benefit from regular cleaning in appearance and longevity with the detail that power washing provides.
Restore Your Deck – Call Judge Mobile Wash Today
Judge Mobile Wash is a locally owned and operated West Chester pressure washing company. We service communities throughout the greater Philadelphia area, and enjoy providing the best power washing to our neighborhood homeowners and business property owners.
Throughout our years of service, we have focused on keeping our prices affordable without sacrificing high quality service provided by friendly, dedicated employees.
Today, our pressure washing remains a cost effective way to add years onto the lifetime of your deck and bring more comfort to the time you spend outdoors.
Whether you need to clean up after an accidental spill on your deck, have a persistent stain that won’t go away, or are looking for a full scale restoration, pressure washing from Judge Mobile Wash is the optimal solution to bring your deck back to its original condition.
When you call our team at (610) 692-9274 or contact us via the online form, we can explain in detail the various options available for your deck. We will go over pricing with a no obligation quote and, if you’re ready to begin, schedule a time for our mobile team to come to you.
Deck Pressure Washing FAQ's
One of the reasons that Judge Mobile Wash has developed such a strong reputation in the area is that we have invested in the latest in professional pressure washing equipment. While many contractors use tools from Home Depot or other retail stores, we have more advanced technology that provides high pressure washing, soft washing, hot water washing, and is capable of sanitation and disinfecting.
That means that we can treat essentially any hard surface, including those traditionally more difficult or more sensitive to pressure washing. The list includes (but is of course not limited to):
Of course, that's not all. We can also support Marble, Aluminum, Wood, Stone, Slate, GFRC, and much more. It's what allows us to treat indoors and outdoors, as well as essentially any hard surface
We're a mobile pressure washing service for a reason, and we have technicians spread out to provide better service coverage throughout the region. You'll want to call us to see if we're near you, but as long as you're within about 50 miles of our base in West Chester, we can often come to your property and provide the support you need.
We clean almost any hard surface (and even a few soft surfaces). It's why we are used in both commercial and residential applications. For businesses, we even clean vehicles, provide trauma cleanup support, wash down machinery, and so much more.
Our residential services are similarly broad, allowing us to power wash almost any part of your home that needs cleaning. Some examples include:
We've even washed down fire pits, sheds, larger outdoor barbecue sets, and countless other items. We also welcome your questions, so if you would like to learn any more about home pressure washing please call us at any time. Even though we are well known for our work with large commercial properties, we're also happy to assist homeowners with small cleaning projects as well.
In terms of large, solid items, there are very few that things we cannot clean. Because we can clean everything from dirt to mold to algae to gum (as well as grease, oil, weather stains, and even layered paint), the only items we may be hesitant to clean are those in the interior of a small property that cannot get wet, and anything that is sensitive to water damage.
Only a few local companies, including Judge Mobile Wash, are able to provide hot water pressure washing. It's one of our most exciting offerings, as we have an entire setup that is capable of heating water and using it to spray down your property.
Hot water is, simply, better. Though not every material can or should be sprayed with hot water, it is more powerful against issues like grime, automotive fluids, and sticky chemicals. The hot water helps to weaken the contaminants, breaking them down so that they can more easily wash away in a way that cold water simply cannot provide.
Hot water also has disinfecting ability, which makes it useful for places like hospitals or any place that could have coronavirus/COVID-19. During freezing cold winters, a hot water, high pressure wash can also be used to eliminate ice buildup that may be hurting your property.
Hot water washing is one of several advantages to the types of technology we use. Don’t forget to also ask us about our high pressure and soft water washing - the former of which provides a more powerful output than most retail devices, while the latter allows us to wash more sensitive items with similar efficacy.
Our business, including everyone that works for us, is licensed, bonded, and insured. We also follow every single law and industry standard to the letter. You are in the best possible hands when you choose to work with Judge Mobile Wash.
SERVING YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD
Our professional power and pressure washing operators are dedicated to taking care of your residential and commercial needs in the greater tri state area, including Pennsylvania, Delaware, New Jersey.
Pennsylvania area and the surrounding counties of: Philadelphia, West Chester, Phoenixville, Downingtown, Kennett Square, Paoli, Oxford, Exton, Chesterbrook, Berwyn, Spring City . If you don’t see your location please contact us as we service many more areas in Philadelphia.
In addition we provide pressure and power washing services in Delaware county including the towns and cities of: Haverford, Radnor, Drexel Hill, Springfield, Ardmore (partially in Montgomery County), Broomall, Lansdowne, Brookhaven, Ridley Park, Swarthmore, Media, Lima, Morton, Chester Heights, Wayne, Malvern,Upper Darby, and Rose Valley
We also serve Montgomery county, Pennsylvania including the towns and cities of: Pottstown, King of Prussia, Lansdale, Willow Grove, Horsham, Montgomeryville, Harleysville, Audubon, Sanatoga, Conshohocken, Hatboro, Souderton, Ambler, Plymouth Meeting, Blue Bell, Trooper, Penn Wynne, Wyndmoor, Fort Washington, Collegeville, Telford (partially in Bucks County), Eagleville, Royersford, Bridgeport, Narberth, Gladwyne, Bryn Mawr, Skippack, Trappe, Pottsgrove, Hatfield, North Wales, Wyncote, Evansburg, West Conshohocken, and Green Lane .